COVID-19 Prevention Tips
These everyday preventive steps have proven effective at slowing the spread of respiratory illnesses like colds and flu:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, your sleeve, or your elbow.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using standard cleaning practices.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you are sick, stay home, except when seeking medical care.
Calvert County, through the Public Transportation Division of the Department of Community Resources, serves the transportation needs of the general public as well as the elderly and persons with disabilities. The county provides eight fixed routes and four demand-response/para-transit routes to link residents with major shopping, medical and employment areas, as well as with public services available in Prince Frederick.
To provide a high-quality transportation service to the citizens of Calvert County that is safe, dependable, and responsive to the needs of the community.
Transportation Bus Fares
|One-Way Trip||All Day Pass|
|Adult - ages 18-59||$1.50||$3.00|
|Youth - ages 7-17||$0.50||$1.25|
|Under 7 with Paying Adult||FREE||FREE|
|Senior Citizen - ages 60 and over||$0.50||$1.25|
|Valid Medicare Card Holder (Must present card to the driver)||$0.50||$1.25|
|CCPT (Calvert County Public Transportation) Disabled with Valid CCPT Disability Card||$0.50||$1.25|
|Veterans with a Valid Military ID Card||$0.50||$1.25|
All Day Pass
|Adult - ages 18-59||$0.75||$1.50|
|Youth - ages 7-17||$0.25||$0.75|
|Under 7 with Paying Adult||FREE||FREE|
|Senior Citizen - ages 60 and over||$0.25||$0.75|
|Valid Medicare Card Holder (Must present card to the driver)||$0.25||$0.75|
|CCPT (Calvert County Public Transportation) Disabled with Valid CCPT Disability Card||$0.25||$0.75|
|Veterans with a Valid Military ID Card||$0.25||$0.75|
|10 One Way Ride Ticket - Adult||$12.00|
|10 One Way Ride Ticket – Senior/Child||$4.00|
Value Cards are available in the amounts of $10, $15, $20, $30, and $40 and can be used just like cash on any of our buses with an electronic fare box. The total amount due will be deducted from the card as you swipe it to pay your fare. These cards can be purchased at the Transportation Office or from your bus driver. If you plan to purchase one from the bus driver please let the driver know the day before you plan on purchasing one so they can request it from the office and have it ready for you
Public Transportation Bus Rules & Regulations
- Have fare ready BEFORE boarding the bus (change is provided in the form of a change card, drivers do not carry cash).
- To flag the bus, be at a safe location along the route and be on the appropriate side of the street (boarding side of the bus). Be clear in flagging the driver. If you are able, call the Transportation Office ahead of time so the driver can be notified to be looking for you. This will decrease your chances of being missed or not seen by the driver.
- All carry-on packages must be brought on in a single entry.
- Seats may NOT be used for any item. Only items small enough to fit on your lap or under your legs are permitted.
- All Calvert County Public Transportation vehicles accept trained service animals as well as persons using respirators, concentrators, or portable oxygen.
- Strollers are allowed (one per passenger) provided they are folded and do not block passenger access.
- NO SMOKING, EATING, DRINKING, GUM POPPING, SEAT CHANGING, LOUD TALKING (INCLUDING CELL PHONES), FOUL LANGUAGE, BARE FEET, OR SHIRTLESS BACKS.
- Playing of ANY audio and/or electronic game devices is allowed ONLY with the use of headsets.
- Children must be kept under control and seated at all times. Children under 12 must be with an adult.
- Disruptive behavior, intoxication, or harassment of others will result in loss of riding privileges.
- Remain seated until the bus has reached your destination and has fully stopped.
- Bus drivers are not permitted to talk while the bus is moving. Please hold any questions until the bus has stopped.
- We are not responsible for lost items. Found items will be turned in to the office where they may be picked up the next business day.
- Scheduled times are approximate. Please be at scheduled locations five minutes early.
- Proper ID is required for a reduced fare discount.